Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: funny road names.............

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    funny road names.............

    What are some of the funniest road names you have run across here is our area?

    The funniest one I can think of and I don't know why the Dickenson County 911 let this one pass but on Caney Ridge there is a road named Crack Rock Road [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] , now I know there might be somthing historical of maybe a rock that had a crack in it that had somekind of meaning, but the funniest ones I have run across have all been in Dickenson County. I have a picture of it somewhere if I can find it. Another one can't remember where I was at in Dickenson County but it was BFE Road. What are some you all can think of.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: funny road names.............

    There are two in Scott County that stick out in my mind ... Boondocks Road and Rope Hill.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: funny road names.............

    It was crack rock before there was crack lol
    (not before there was rocks I'd guess)

    I always thought S&M Road was just begging for the fetish crowd to attack
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: funny road names.............

    Rt. 666, aka Hogback Rd.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: funny road names.............

    seriously dont you guys have like a main st or a river rd down there?
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: funny road names.............

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">seriously dont you guys have like a main st or a river rd down there?

    </div></div>

    Sure we do. We just have odd names for some roads. What the hell kinda name is Freehold anyways?
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: funny road names.............

    They can't all be "Main Street" [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]


    The road past my house used to be Puss Hollow
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: funny road names.............

    I saw one somewhere in Eastern Ky, can't remember exactly where,
    Buzzard Roost Hollow Road
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: funny road names.............

    Not quite on subject but in the same vein ...towns w/ odd names .
    Here in NC I can give you Climax , Horneytown , Tick Bite , Toast , Meat Camp , Lizard Lick and Whynot . Some are more communities than towns as we know them and all but Whynot are on Mapquest . I have actually been thru Whynot and even have a picture somewhere I took of the state sign "Whynot" .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  10. #10
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: funny road names.............

    Sounds like Lancaster PA...to be an Amish community, the road and locality names are filthy..lol
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •